At York Hospital patients and guests will have access to various amenities during your visit, including:
Hospital Amenities & Services
- Art Gallery: The dining room is home to area artists' work that is displayed in the community dining space. Galleries are changed several times a year.
- ATM: an ATM machine is available just outside the dining room for your needs.
- Concierge: A concierge will greet you upon entering York Hospital's main entrance. This service provides directions and personal escorts to hospital service areas, and help with community needs such as hotel reservations, local dining spots, and hospital services including wheelchair rentals and more. Contact the concierge desk by dialing x2094 from any in-house phone or call (207) 363-4321.
- Dining Room - York Hospital's award winning Dining Service Team is legend in the community for its fine cuisine and offers a variety of delicious food to tempt even the most fickle palate. Click here for information and to see our daily specials!
- Free Parking: All of York Hospital's campuses offer ample, free parking for patients and guests.
- Garden: The serenity garden outside the surgery center is a relaxing spot for privacy, comfort, reflection or to enjoy the ocean breeze on a warm summer night.
- Internet Access/Computers: York Hospital offers free wireless access anywhere in the hospital building, so feel free to use your laptop or smart phone in public areas. We also have laptop computers available free of charge for those that don’t have a computer but want to “surf the net” and check e-mail. Dial "0" for more information.
- Lounge Areas: Patients and families are welcome to wait in any of our relaxing waiting areas around the hospital - some equipped with waterfalls, massage chairs, and beverage stations and snacks.
- Loving Kindness Room: Located on the 2nd floor around the corner from both the Biewend and Strater inpatient areas, the Loving Kindness Room is a space designed to provide an oasis of quiet in the center of our busy hospital environment for patients, families and staff use when in need of time for reflection, peace, prayer, meditation and clergy visits. The room is appointed with comfortable seating, reflective reading materials, and a quiet atmosphere. It is available for use at any time - look for the Loving Kindness sign adorning the door.
- Pay Phone: A pay phone is available for your use on the 2nd floor, as you enter the Hancock entrance to the hospital. Enjoy its "phone booth" feel!
- Phone Calls: Life threatening and unexpected hospital stays are already worrisome. At York Hospital you can update loved ones from near and far via our in-room phones. There is no charge for long-distance calls.
- Retail Pharmacy - York Hospital has two community retail pharmacies for your prescription needs. Both offer delivery to your home, and offer competitive pricing.
- Room Service - Need a newspaper, book, or someone to chat with? Our Room Service volunteers are here to help!
- Spirituality - Learn more about spiritual care and support services available at York hospital.
- Tours: if you would like to tour the hospital or a specific service area, we are here to help! Contact our Friendraising office for information at (207) 351-2385.
- Transportation - York Hospital offers transportation for patients to and from appointments at York Hospital or York Hospital practices and community sites within our service area.
Inpatient Hospital Amenities
- Private Rooms: Please note that York Hospital is in the midst of converting all of our inpatient rooms to private rooms, but still have several rooms that are shared by two patients. We will do our best to provide you with a private room if available. While we can’t guarantee that we will have a private room available for you, we will make every effort to accommodate your request.
- Patient Meals: Wholesome, nourishing and well-balanced meals are an important part of your treatment and recovery. York Hospital’s Dining and Nutrition team provides delicious and nutritious meals that are prepared fresh and in-house by our kitchen staff. Our innovative “room service” program allows you to order your meal – be it breakfast, lunch or dinner - whenever you want it. A menu will be given to you upon your arrival. If you are on a special diet prescribed by your doctor, you will receive a menu tailored to your specific needs. To order your meal, all you have to do is call extension 3663 (FOOD) and someone will be available to take your order. If you have difficulty making menu selections, a member of the Dietary staff will be happy to help you.
- Patient Telephones: Each patient is provided a telephone by the bedside. Family and friends may call you at anytime by dialing (207) 363-4321 or toll free 1 (877) 363-4321. To Place a Call: Dial “9” to get an outside line. Once you hear the dial tone, you may dial the phone number. Remember to use the area code if you are calling outside of Maine. There is no charge for long distance calls at York Hospital. Note, cell phones may be used in the hospital, though we ask patients and visitors to respect the resting patients when in use. There may be some areas of the hospital where cell phone usage is restricted.
- Patient Televisions: Television sets are provided for each patient. In order to respect the care of patients in semi-private rooms, headphones (provided free of charge) must be used to reduce noise, and TV’s must be turned off by 11:30 pm.
- Patient Room Service: To make your stay as comfortable as possible, we offer a free Room Service program that includes daily newspaper delivery, ability to watch DVD movies, play games, listen to music, read a book, chat with a volunteer, or shop in our gift shop/apothecary where a variety of items are available to purchase, including gifts, cards, crafts, novelties, toiletries and medications. We also offer services such as interpreters for those with difficulty relaying messages or understanding any staff members, and Reiki for stress reduction and relaxation