Preparing For Your Visit
What to Bring?
To help assure a comfortable hospital stay, the items you may wish to bring with you include the following:
- Personal toiletries, such as shampoo, toothpaste, and toothbrush (Don't want to bring them, no worries, we do supply these as well)
- Bathrobe and slippers or socks (York Hospital is happy to provide these as well!)
- A list with names, doses, and schedules of all medications you take on a routine basis. (Do NOT take any of you own medications while you are in the hospital unless your doctor writes an order for you to take them.)
- Glasses, dentures, hearing aid, or other assistive devices you may need. Please ask the nurse for a container to protect these items. Please label these and other personal items with your name if possible. We are not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Any instructions your physician may have provided
- Advanced Directive. You have the right to make informed decisions about your healthcare, including the right to refuse treatment offered to you. You may also give directions, in advance, about your wishes for healthcare should the time come when you cannot communicate your wishes to others.This is called an "advance directive." If you have an advance directive, such as a living will or durable power of attorney for healthcare, please bring it with you. If you do not have an advance directive and wish to create one, please call Case management at (207) 351-2226 in advance and ask them for help or view a copy of the "Five Wishes Advanced Directives" please visit their website.