We are pleased to announce that applications are now available on our website for the 2020 Friends of York Hospital Scholarship.
Friends of York Hospital will award two $3,000 scholarships, and several smaller scholarships when additional funds are available, to graduating seniors who reside within the Hospital’s service area (the southern York County, Maine towns of Kittery, Eliot, the Berwicks, Sanford, Lebanon, Kennebunk, Wells, Moody, Ogunquit, York), for their freshman year of college. A selection committee comprised of hospital employees, physicians and volunteers will review all applications.
- Scholarship applicants must be high school seniors who plan to enter the medical/healthcare field and who will graduate from a York Hospital service area high school.
- Application: All sections of this application must be complete to be considered.
- Attachments: An essay describing why you have chosen a career in the medical field and why you feel you should be chosen to receive this scholarship must be included.
- Letters of recommendation from the high school guidance counselor/director and from a current or recent employer and official transcripts from your high school are necessary for consideration of your application. In lieu of employer, you may submit a letter from a supervisor in an organization where you have been a volunteer.
- Mail application, along with required attachments, to: Friends of York Hospital Scholarship, c/o Kate Ford, 15 Hospital Drive, York, Maine 03909. Applications must be postmarked by Tuesday, March 31, 2020 to qualify.