Connect to Get Well.
Introducing the most convenient way to see your York Hospital provider.
Welcome to Virtual Care.
It is our pleasure to now offer York Hospital Virtual Care – a service that connects you with urgent care providers through your phone, tablet or computer. We use the latest video conferencing tools to deliver real-time care and consultation, virtually, at a time and location convenient for you
What is a virtual visit?
A virtual visit is a way to have a visit with a healthcare provider without having to go to an office, clinic, or hospital. As a patient, you can be seen by a provider through a video conference, using a smartphone, tablet, or on your computer with a webcam. Patients see providers online for a range of issues, from minor illnesses and injuries, symptoms from a chronic condition, and even general health and wellness concerns. Virtual Visits allows for reliable and convenient visits with trained and certified providers.
What is the service used for?
Use York Hospital’s Virtual Care service for issues such as:
- Cough, cold, flu, bronchitis
- Sinus, ear, and upper respiratory infections
- Sore throat
- Urinary tract infection
- Stomach ache, vomiting, diarrhea
- Pink eye/conjunctivitis
- Sprains and strains
- Respiratory Infection
- Skin conditions, rash
- Seasonal allergies
Here are a few reasons people decide to see an online provider:
- I feel like I should probably see a provider, but can’t fit it into my over-booked schedule.
- It’s difficult for me to get a doctor’s appointment.
- I’m not sure if I should go to the ER or not.
- My doctor’s office is closed and I don’t want to go to a hospital.
- I just moved and don’t know any doctors in my area.
- I just want a second opinion.
- I’m between jobs and have no insurance coverage.
- I have a question about a loved-one’s health and would like some advice.
What are the benefits?
- Improved Access: You can see a provider, when and where you need health care.
- Cost Efficiencies: Reduce travel time/expense and time away from work.
- Outcomes: Provides diagnosis, treatment, follow up, and prescriptions (when necessary)
How do I access the service?
- Step 1 – Using Chrome, access the virtual platform by clicking on the following link: York Hospital Virtual Care
- Step 2 – Select “Register Here” and follow the steps to generate your unique profile
- Step 3 – Login using your unique username and password and follow the instructions for scheduling a virtual visit with a York Hospital Provider
How much does it cost?
The service costs $49 per visit and payments are made using debit or credit cards prior to receiving care.