Volunteer Your Time
The Volunteer Program at York Hospital has a place for everyone. You may be retired, involved in your career, a stay at home parent, young or elder, male or female. Our Hospital has varied opportunities for people of all ages and backgrounds. Volunteers assist patients, families, and staff in many different areas within the hospital and its community sites in York, Kittery, Berwick, South Berwick and Wells.
- Patient Rounders - talking to patients and families around the hospital about their experience while here
- Physician’s offices - helping where needed in many of our physician practices
- Bridges/transportation - offering support services and transportation to patients who may need some assistance after leaving the hospital
- Reiki Services - providing relaxation treatments for patients
- Pet Therapy - bringing certified pets in the hospital to visit with patients and families
- Clerical Services - helping many support services throughout the hospital system with filing and general office work
- Greeters/information - providing a warm greeting at the entrances to York Hospital and providing information
- Dining services - delivering meals to community members or trays and snacks to patients in the hospital
- Newspaper delivery - delivering the daily paper to patients so they can start their day informed
- Clinical Areas - assisting the clinical teams in many areas with support services and errands
- Pastoral Care - providing spiritual support for those who need guidance
- Emergency Services - assisting patients and families with support needs during unexpected visits.
- Environment Services/Interior Design - helping with artwork and other environmental needs
- Special Events & Fundraising - many volunteers help the hospital with raising funds and planning and delivering successful events.
- Patient Advisors - a committee of community members to provide insight, opinions and ideas to help strengthen the hospital's ability to provide unbelievable experiences every day.
Click here to download an application, or feel free to contact the Volunteer office at (207) 351-2224 for more information.