HANCOCK FAMILY FUND FOR HEALTHY AGING
The Hancock Family Fund for Healthy Aging was established by the York Hospital Trustees as a tribute to both Frank & Kay Hancock recognizing their leadership, community spirit and service to York Hospital, and acknowledging their independent, can-do attitudes. And we are very grateful that their work is carried on now by their children Cal Hancock, Emi Betts and Josh Hancock. The Hancock Family Fund for Healthy Aging supports programs and services that promote and benefit the physical, emotional, spiritual & overall health and wellbeing of our community as we age including:
- York Hospital House Calls Program
- Transportation Service
- Home Delivery Meal Service
- Strength & Balance Program
During the COVID-19 pandemic, the Hancock Fund has been invaluable in helping York Hospital meet increased demand for medical house call and home meal and prescription deliveries as many older adults in the region chose to shelter in place to avoid exposure to the virus.
For more information about the Hancock Family Fund for Healthy Aging, contact Community Relations at [email protected] or 207-351-2385.
YORK HOSPITAL CARING FOR ALL FUND
“Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much.”
— Helen Keller
Kittery resident Butch Mellette knows how important quick access to medical care is after experiencing a heart attack while working in his driveway one summer day. York Hospital cardiologist Dr. Lawrence Petrovich evaluated Butch in the ER and interventional cardiologist Dr. Jeffrey Colnes performed an angioplasty, placing a stent in Butch’s right coronary artery to reestablish normal blood flow and stop the heart attack. Quick access to emergency care, coupled with highly experienced staff and state-of-the-art equipment, literally saves lives—reasons that many patients, including Butch Mellette, say they are grateful to have York Hospital nearby, serving their communities.
Your donation to the Caring for All Fund will support strategic, mission-driven capital funding needs at York Hospital. Technology and infrastructure improvements such as those listed below will help ensure that York Hospital can continue to heal, strengthen and renew our patients and our community.
- Cardiology: Three treadmill systems ($24,000 each)
- Intensive Care Unit: Four ventilators ($31,000 each)
- Surgery Center: Faster central sterile equipment to reduce instrumentation turnover time and allow more patient procedures to be performed ($185,000)
- Sleep Laboratory: System upgrades for respiratory therapy ($18,000)
- Imaging: Advanced MRI software to improve image quality and decrease scan times, enabling service to more patients daily ($200,000)
We cannot achieve our goals alone. But together? Together, we can do so much. To learn more, contact Community Relations at [email protected] or 207-351-2385.
TRIBUTE OR MEMORIAL GIFTS
- In Honor: Sometimes words are not enough to thank someone who has helped you during a hospital stay or difficult time. Gifts made “in honor” recognize the outstanding contributions made by our caregivers.
- In Memory: The loss of a loved one, friend or colleague often inspires us to ensure their memory lives on. Many people find supporting York Hospital is an ideal way to honor someone who has passed away while providing comfort in knowing their gift will help others.
- In Celebration: The birth of a baby, achievement of a milestone birthday or anniversary or a recovery from serious illness are just a few reasons to consider making a gift to York Hospital as part of your celebration. Please include the name and address of the person we should notify of your gift (the amount of your gift will be kept confidential).Give Now
One of the easiest planned gifts to make is to leave a portion of your estate to your favorite organization. You can help York Hospital with a gift through your will or trust by naming the hospital as a beneficiary of an IRA, charitable gift annuity, life insurance policy or other assets. A generous gift will cost you nothing during your lifetime. And, a gift of just 1% of your total estate can potentially have a huge impact for our future.
If York Hospital has ever made you feel better when you needed care, and you would like to find a way to give back, consider naming York Hospital in your will. If you haven’t yet created a will, now might be the right time to do so. A legacy gift will impact the lives of future generations of children, families and older adults who count on York Hospital, an independent, nonprofit community hospital, to be here for them. Please consider a bequest to us when you make your estate plans.
LIVING WELL WITH CANCER FUND
This fund helps support programs for those who have been diagnosed with, and are undergoing treatment for cancer at York Hospital through services centering on the mind, body, and well-being. The programs include:
- Financial Help
- Comfort, Protection & Self Esteem
- Celebration of Life & Providing Support
- Relaxation & Stress Reduction
- Education, Support & Information
- Health & Wellness
- Enhancing Strength & Flexibility
- Creativity & Self Expression
- Pampering You
For a detailed description of what your donation can provide, please click here.
To learn more about giving back to York Hospital, through an unrestricted contribution or a gift to a specific fund today, or a planned gift as a way to share your legacy with York Hospital and the community into the future, please contact Community Relations at [email protected] or call (207) 351-2385. Thank you for supporting York Hospital.