Hancock Family Fund for Healthy Aging
The Hancock Family Fund for Healthy Aging was established by the York Hospital Trustees as a tribute to both Frank & Kay Hancock recognizing their leadership, community spirit and service to York Hospital, and acknowledging their independent, can-do attitudes. And we are very grateful that their work is carried on now by their children Cal Hancock, Emi Betts and Josh Hancock. The Hancock Family Fund for Healthy Aging supports programs and services that promote and benefit the physical, emotional, spiritual & overall health and wellbeing of our community as we age including:
- York Hospital House Calls Program
- Transportation Service
- Home Delivery Meal Service
- Strength & Balance Program
York Hospital’s COVID-19 Caring for All Fund
We hope you and your family are healthy and well during these challenging times. While we carefully phase back services originally suspended due to COVID-19, our “new normal” continues to evolve so that we may offer the safest and best care possible – whether emergent, routine or related to COVID-19 – to our patients, our visitors and our caregivers. Critical resources and services provided by York Hospital include:
- Support for Screening Protocols and Testing – Staffing and infrastructure at all facility entrances allows for detailed screening questions to reduce potential exposure for patients and caregivers alike. Strict safety protocols include universal masking, temperature checks and stringent cleaning following infectious disease guidelines. Our capacity for Covid-19 testing continues to expand and evolve.
- Telemedicine Services – We have significantly expanded our telemedicine offerings to provide personalized patient care, whether in-office or via video or phone visit.
- Recovery Center Assistance – Ensure our patients with substance use disorder continue to receive both needed and deserved assistance via phone, telemedicine or with medication vital to their recovery journey.
- Prescription Delivery – Curbside delivery of all prescriptions at our York Pharmacy location.
- Meal Delivery – Delivery of nutritious hot meals for community members in need.
During the best of times, York Hospital operates on a careful budget and it is our donors who have always made the difference. Please consider a gift to York Hospital’s COVID-19 Caring for All Fund. Your ongoing support is crucial now more than ever before and will help us provide vital resources, whether a patient is cared for within our hospital’s walls, or must remain at home.
TRIBUTE OR MEMORIAL GIFTS
- In Honor: Sometimes words are simply not enough to thank someone who has helped you during a hospital stay or difficult time. Gifts made “in honor” recognize the outstanding contributions made by our nurses, doctors and other staff members or volunteers.
- In Memory: The loss of a loved one, friend or colleague often inspires us to ensure their memory lives on. Many people find supporting York Hospital is an ideal way to honor someone who has passed away while providing family and friends satisfaction knowing they have helped others.
- In Celebration: Whether you are marking the birth of a baby, a complete recovery or another achievement, a donation to York Hospital will be a meaningful part of your celebration. Please include the name and address of the person we should notify of your gift. (The amount of your gift will be confidential.)
We recently received a wonderful gift through a donor’s living trust. It is a magnificent legacy for the donor and for us. The sadness is that we didn’t know it was coming and I didn’t get to say “thank you” as I sincerely wanted to do. Please let me know if you have a bequest for us in your will. I promise only to thank you as warmly as possible for your thoughtfulness!
Gratitude for an exceptional experience, belief in a vision of Loving-Kindness, faith in a mission to ensure healthcare for all or a desire to make a difference in our community by helping those in need – whatever your motivation, you can be assured that your legacy gift will impact the lives of future generations of children, families and seniors who count on York Hospital to be here for them. This meaningful gift will endure beyond your lifetime for the benefit of others. Please consider a bequest to us when you make your estate plans. For more information, please contact Friendraising for more information at (207) 351-2021 or [email protected]