Above all…we hope you and your family are healthy and well during these extraordinary times. Today, we are faced with a global health threat – right here on the Seacoast. Now is the time to please consider a gift to York Hospital’s Covid-19 Caring for All Fund.
As York Hospital mobilizes all of our resources and activates its emergency preparedness plan, we have never needed the support of the communities we serve more than now. During the best of times, York Hospital operates on a careful budget and it’s our donors who have always made the difference. Your support will help us to provide the vital resources for all of our patients during this time of heightened concern, social distancing and isolation—whether cared for within our hospital’s walls, or those just as vulnerable, riding out the storm at home.
- Prescription Delivery – Curbside delivery of all prescriptions at our Berwick and York Pharmacy locations.
- Meal Delivery – Delivery of nutritious hot meals for our community members in need
- Telemedicine Services – York Hospital physicians are swiftly ramping up telemedicine capabilities on a temporary and emergency basis to continue the delivery of personalized patient care.
- Recovery Center Assistance – Ensure our patients with substance use disorder continue to receive both needed and deserved assistance via phone, telemedicine or with medication vital to their recovery journey.
- Screening Tent Support – Extra staffing and infrastructure implemented at the outdoor screening tents on both York and Wells hospital campuses, limits exposure to caregivers and existing patients alike.
TRIBUTE OR MEMORIAL GIFTS
- In Honor: Sometimes words are simply not enough to thank someone who has helped you during a hospital stay or difficult time. Gifts made “in honor” recognize the outstanding contributions made by our nurses, doctors and other staff members or volunteers.
- In Memory: The loss of a loved one, friend or colleague often inspires us to ensure their memory lives on. Many people find supporting York Hospital is an ideal way to honor someone who has passed away while providing family and friends satisfaction knowing they have helped others.
- In Celebration: Whether you are marking the birth of a baby, a complete recovery or another achievement, a donation to York Hospital will be a meaningful part of your celebration. Please include the name and address of the person we should notify of your gift. (The amount of your gift will be confidential.)
We recently received a wonderful gift through a donor’s living trust. It is a magnificent legacy for the donor and for us. The sadness is that we didn’t know it was coming and I didn’t get to say “thank you” as I sincerely wanted to do. Please let me know if you have a bequest for us in your will. I promise only to thank you as warmly as possible for your thoughtfulness!
Gratitude for an exceptional experience, belief in a vision of Loving-Kindness, faith in a mission to ensure healthcare for all or a desire to make a difference in our community by helping those in need – whatever your motivation, you can be assured that your legacy gift will impact the lives of future generations of children, families and seniors who count on York Hospital to be here for them. This meaningful gift will endure beyond your lifetime for the benefit of others. Please consider a bequest to us when you make your estate plans. For more information, please contact Friendraising for more information at (207) 351-2021 or email@example.com.
Hancock Fund for Healthy Aging
The Hancock Family Fund for Healthy Aging was established by the York Hospital Trustees as a tribute to both Frank & Kay Hancock recognizing their leadership, community spirit and service to York Hospital, and acknowledging their independent, can-do attitudes. And we are very grateful that their work is carried on now by their children Cal Hancock, Emi Betts and Josh Hancock. The Hancock Family Fund for Healthy Aging supports programs and services that promote and benefit the physical, emotional, spiritual & overall health and wellbeing of our community as we age including:
- York Hospital House Calls Program
- Transportation Service
- Home Delivery Meal Service
- Strength & Balance Program
SUPPORT EXCEPTIONAL CARE
Read the story — or watch the video of Larry — who wrote to us saying, “June 24 was just another perfect sunny day for a bike ride and life had never been so good…little did I know that only one hour later I would be lying on the pavement, savoring each breath.”
Larry had summered in Wells since 1975 and, “had only heard accolades about the care provided by York Hospital.” But he suddenly had reason to find out first-hand.
For patients like Larry who come to us every day for care, York Hospital must always be ready to provide immediate care by a skilled medical team with the very best technology to support them. But to continue our mission — to provide exceptional care — for you and every patient, we need your help.