We are pleased to introduce York Hospital’s new Health Care Help Center (HCHC), an easily accessible service where people—whether they are new or established YH patients or community members and members of the general public—can find answers to questions about their health care path. Located on the lower level of the Hospital’s Hancock Building, 15 Hospital Drive on the York campus, this inviting space has been designed to be a central “hub” of answers and assistance that will help ensure the best possible patient access and experience at York Hospital. Whether a person needs to find a doctor, is having trouble scheduling an appointment, can’t afford to pay a bill, wants to enroll in a health insurance plan but has questions, is looking for counseling in the area, needs assistance for an elderly parent, or doesn’t understand a diagnosis or what happens next, the experts at the Health Care Help Center at YH will be happy to provide caring support and guidance in a comfortable and confidential environment.
The HCHC is open Monday through Friday, 8am-4:30pm, or by appointment (appointments are suggested). Please call (207) 351-2345 for more information.
How we help.
The Health Care Help Center is here to answer any questions you may have about your health care path. The following is a list of common questions and requests that we are happy to assist with.
- I need help and I don’t know where to go or who to ask.
- I have a question about the patient portal.
- How do I get my records from my visit?
- I am scheduled for a procedure/appointment/lab work and I need a price on how much that will cost. I have no insurance or I have a deductible.
- My insurance is saying I’m not covered for what I need. Why is that?
- I have Medicare or am new to medicare and I don’t understand it.
- How do I get my medication covered?
- They told me I have Medicare now, not Medicaid. How does it work?
- I have Medicare Advantage, why do I have balances?
- I got a letter from the State saying I don’t have Medicaid anymore. Why?
- I have no insurance. I was told to call you.
- I had to pay $400 for my prescription this month. I can’t pay my rent now.
- I’m from out of state and visited your facility. Do you take my insurance?
- Who else might I receive a bill from?
- Is my ambulance bill covered?
- What does my secondary insurance pay?
- I should have received a bill by now. Can you help me get one?
- I am new to the area. How do I get a new doctor?
- I’m thinking of switching my doctor. How do I do this?
- What doctors/providers are accepting new patients?
- I’ve been seen in a walk-in or ER and I need to schedule follow up with a doctor/provider. How do I do this?
- I need a referral to a specialist. How do I get this?
- I’m a seasonal resident and I need a doctor/provider while I’m here. How do I do this?
- I’m a new employee at YH and need a doctor/provider. How do I find one?
- I need help coordinating medical care. Who can help me with this?
- I’d like to get my care at a tertiary hospital such as Mass General. How do I arrange it?
- I called my doctor’s office for an appointment and can’t get in soon enough. Can you help me?
- I can’t get information about a patient that I have permission for. Who can I speak with for help?
- What non-traditional healthcare resources are available?
- I am a physician calling from another hospital and need to connect with a physician. Who can I speak with?
- I need assistance finding help in my home. How do I do this?
- My elderly parent is having difficulty living independently. What steps can I take to help?
- Where can I purchase equipment such as a wheelchair or walker?
- I am unable to live in my own home now and would like to find information about available housing to include assisted living, nursing home, and hospice care.
- I’m new to the area and need information on community resources such as Meals on Wheels, food pantry, elder legal assistance, and fuel assistance. Where can I find this information?
- I can’t afford my medication. What do I do? How can I find a coupon to help decrease the cost of my medication?
Remember, the HCHC is open Monday through Friday, 8am-4:30pm, or by appointment (appointments are suggested). Please call (207) 351-2345 for more information or assistance. We look forward to speaking with you.