We are here for you! Please feel free to contact us while you are here or if you have any questions or concerns.
York Hospital’s Wellness services, located within the Surgery Center, are available to help you explore the balance of your own personal strengths and challenges. We provide a nurturing, relaxing environment in which you may investigate the available resources that help to enhance your personal well-being. We are excited to offer the following services:
- Massage Therapy: Massage therapy has been used for centuries as a way to relieve stress, enhance relaxation, and aid in the healing process from physical strain or injury. Prior to your session, your massage therapist will complete a thorough intake with you to set goals for your treatment and help you on your path to wellness. Your experience is up to you, whether it be a relaxing Swedish massage, a therapeutic deep tissue massage, or anywhere in between. Many massage techniques including myofascial release, trigger point therapy, and reflexology may be incorporated into the treatment to reach optimum results.
- CranioSacral Therapy: CranioSacral Therapy uses delicate manual techniques that release restrictions in the craniosacral system, which includes the brain, intercranial membranes, dural tube, related fascia and spinal cord. A session is performed on a person fully clothed and takes about an hour. The number of sessions required to treat a problem differs depending on the severity and duration of the problem. CranioSacral Therapy is effective in treating a wide range of conditions including, but not limited to: migraines and other types of headaches, back and neck pain, temporomandibular joint dysfunction, central nervous system disorders, stress and tension related problems, and infantile disorders including feeding issues.
- Hypnosis: Hypnosis is a state of heightened focus and increased suggestibility. With the help of a trained hypnotist, you will be guided to a state of deep relaxation through the use of several methods, including metaphors, progressive relaxation, eye-fixation and counting. Once in this state of relaxation, you are more focused and open to suggestions. These suggestions help to make positive changes within yourself by creating new understanding and changing undesired thought patterns. Hypnosis can be a very successful tool in treating anxiety, sleep disorders, stress, and breaking poor habits such as smoking and overeating
- Polarity Therapy: Polarity is a non-invasive, holistic approach to soothing the body, mind, and spirit through the balancing of one’s energetic system. When the body’s energetic system is blocked, it is often experienced as disease, stress, or pain. Energy that is free flowing and cyclic will support health, clarity, and overall well-being. Polarity sessions are done fully clothed and last about one hour. Your practitioner will use light to firm touch or massage on specific energetic points, gentle rocking, reflexology, and Quartz crystals to aid in the cleansing of the chakras and aura. The benefits of Polarity work may include increased creativity, relaxation, self-awareness, inner-strength, freedom from pain, stamina, a stronger immune system, emotional balance, and an overwhelming desire to be healthy.
- Prepare for Surgery: A unique program that helps to calm pre-operative jitters by utilizing relaxation techniques. When you feel peaceful, it can strengthen your immune system and create body chemistry that enhances healing. Medical studies have shown that people who prepare for an operation have less pain, fewer complications and recover sooner.
- Reiki: The Japanese word meaning universal energy, “Reiki” is the energy which flows through all living beings. Reiki at Wellness First is used for relaxation, to relieve stress, restore energy and promote overall well-being. Reiki works in conjunction with other traditional therapies. Pre-op and post-op Reiki is available for surgical patients.
- Stress reduction: We all experience stress and we all manage it differently. When stress becomes distress, it begins to negatively affect our well-being, our relationships and our physical health. Using a variety of techniques including guided imagery, breathing techniques, reframing and bodywork we’ll help you learn to respond rather than react to life’s daily stressors.
LOCATION & CONTACT
available at York Hospital in the Special Procedures area of the main hospital building.
(Surgery Center entrance)
Monday: 8am – 4pm
Tuesday: 8am – 6:30
Wednesdays: 8am – 4pm
Thursday: 8am – 7pm
To Book an Appointment
3 Loving Kindness Way, York, ME 03909
15 Hospital Drive, York, ME 03909