Billing / Insurance
When will I receive my hospital bill?
When is payment due?
How do I receive an itemization of my bill?
Does the hospital accept credit card payments?
What if I can't pay in full by the due date? Are payment plans available?
If I am on a payment plan, what do I do if I receive another bill for another date of service?
What address do I send payment to?
York Hospital Billing Office P.O. Box 16005 Lewiston, Maine 04243-9582
Does York Hospital accept online payments?
Yes, we accept online payments through your bank, and we also have a secure online payment option available. Visit this link: https://yorkhospital.patientcompass.com
I have received a copy of my bill but do not understand the charges.
I need help paying my bill. What can I do?
How do I obtain an application for your Financial Assistance Programs?
Staff are available to talk to you about financial assistance programs at York Hospital. Please call our Financial Assistance office at 207-351-2398 (for last names beginning with A-K), or 207-351-2389 (for last names beginning with L-Z), Monday-Friday 8am-4:30pm.
Simply print out the application, fill it out and send it back to us (via the contact information on the cover) and we will call you if we have any questions and to let you know if you qualify.
What are the changes to the Financial Assistance at York Hospital that began in July 2014?
Why am I receiving two bills for visiting my physician's office?
What's the best way for me to pay my hospital bills?
- the total costs
- what your insurance will cover
- what you will have to pay out-of-pocket
- what method of payment the hospital accepts
- if you or your hospital physician’s office staff will be completing insurance forms
What is a deductible? A-co-payment?
- For example, on a $500 bill, your deductible might be $150, so you would have to pay the first $150. This leaves a balance of $350. Of that $350, your co-payment might be 20%, meaning that you will have to pay an additional $70. Your insurance company will pay the remaining $280.
- Once you have this information, there is a number of ways for paying your bill:
- If your insurance pays all but a deductible or co-payment, you will be required to pay an estimate of your portion of the bill at the time of service.
- In certain circumstances, you will be able to make monthly payments to the hospital until your bill is paid in full. You should discuss this with our Patient Accounts Department.
- Make sure that you understand what the hospital requires and what payment options you have.