Billing and Insurance
Please note, as of July 1st, our new
bill payment address will be:
P.O. BOX 70725
Philadelphia, PA 19176-0725
We are here to help!
Click here for accepted insurance.
Click here to pay your bill online.
Click here for the Notice on Surprise Billing Rules.
New Payment Policy for Our York Hospital Patients:
Effective March 1, 2021, all of our patients whose insurance requires a co-pay, will be asked to make their payment at the time of service. Additionally, all CT, MRI and surgery patients without secondary insurance, as well as our self-pay patients, will be asked to pay a deposit upon arrival that will be credited toward their final balance. In these cases, there may also be an additional out-of-pocket amount due following the services, which will be billed separately at a later date.
Our mission is to provide you with the best possible health care, and financial concerns will never interfere with that mission. York Hospital’s Patient Financial Assistance Office is happy to guide you toward a payment plan that will fit your individual needs. Please contact, us at 207-351-2389 or [email protected] for further information and assistance.
See below for frequently asked questions!
When will I receive my hospital bill?
When is payment due?
How do I receive an itemization of my bill?
Does the hospital accept credit card payments?
What if I can't pay in full by the due date? Are payment plans available?
If I am on a payment plan, what do I do if I receive another bill for another date of service?
What address do I send payment to?
Make checks payable to York Hospital and send to:
York Hospital Billing Office P.O. Box 70725, Philadelphia, PA 19716-0725
Does York Hospital accept online payments?
I have received a copy of my bill but do not understand the charges.
I need help paying my bill. What can I do?
How do I obtain an application for your Financial Assistance Programs?
Staff are available to talk to you about financial assistance programs at York Hospital. Please call our Financial Assistance office at 207-351-2398 (for last names beginning with A-K), or 207-351-2389 (for last names beginning with L-Z), Monday-Friday 8am-4:30pm.
You can download the application here
Simply print out the application, fill it out and send it back to us (via the contact information on the cover) and we will call you if we have any questions and to let you know if you qualify.
What are the changes to the Financial Assistance at York Hospital that began in July 2014?
Why am I receiving two bills for visiting my physician's office?
What's the best way for me to pay my hospital bills?
- the total costs
- what your insurance will cover
- what you will have to pay out-of-pocket
- what method of payment the hospital accepts
- if you or your hospital physician’s office staff will be completing insurance forms
What is a deductible? A-co-payment?
- For example, on a $500 bill, your deductible might be $150, so you would have to pay the first $150. This leaves a balance of $350. Of that $350, your co-payment might be 20%, meaning that you will have to pay an additional $70. Your insurance company will pay the remaining $280.
- Once you have this information, there is a number of ways for paying your bill:
- If your insurance pays all but a deductible or co-payment, you will be required to pay an estimate of your portion of the bill at the time of service.
- In certain circumstances, you will be able to make monthly payments to the hospital until your bill is paid in full. You should discuss this with our Patient Accounts Department.
- Make sure that you understand what the hospital requires and what payment options you have.