We are here for you! Please feel free to contact us while you are here or if you have any questions or concerns.
York Hospital's Wellness services, available at the Living Well Center, are available to help you explore the balance of your own personal strengths and challenges. We provide a nurturing, relaxing environment in which you may investigate the available resources that help to enhance your personal well-being. We offer the following services:
- CranioSacral Therapy: CranioSacral Therapy uses delicate manual techniques that release restrictions in the craniosacral system, which includes the brain, intercranial membranes, dural tube, related fascia and spinal cord. A session is performed on a person fully clothed and takes about an hour. The number of sessions required to treat a problem differs depending on the severity and duration of the problem. CranioSacral Therapy is effective in treating a wide range of conditions including, but not limited to: migraines and other types of headaches, back and neck pain, temporomandibular joint dysfunction, central nervous system disorders, stress and tension related problems, and infantile disorders including feeding issues.
- Prepare for Surgery: A unique program that helps to calm pre-operative jitters by utilizing relaxation techniques. When you feel peaceful, it can strengthen your immune system and create body chemistry that enhances healing. Medical studies have shown that people who prepare for an operation have less pain, fewer complications and recover sooner.
- Reiki: The Japanese word meaning universal energy, "Reiki" is the energy which flows through all living beings. Reiki at Wellness First is used for relaxation, to relieve stress, restore energy and promote overall well-being. Reiki works in conjunction with other traditional therapies. Pre-op and post-op Reiki is available for surgical patients.
- Therapeutic Massage: Relieves mental and physical problems caused by prolonged stress from daily activities or physical injury. Hand and foot massages are also available as is pre-natal massages for the expectant mother.
- Smoking Cessation: We offer a non-judgmental environment for you to work one on one with our tobacco cessation counselor to talk about your smoking history and to develop a personalized quitting plan that works for you. We also offer continued individual as well as group support. If you’re ready to quit, we’ll help. If you’re not ready, we’ll help you get ready.
- Stress reduction: We all experience stress and we all manage it differently. When stress becomes distress, it begins to negatively affect our affect our well-being, our relationships and our physical health. Using a variety of techniques including guided imagery, breathing techniques, reframing and bodywork we’ll help you learn to respond rather than react to life’s daily stressors.
Location & Contact
Wellness services are offered at York Hospital's Living Well Center
127 Long Sands Road, York, ME 03909
15 Hospital Drive, York, ME 03909
For more information, please call (207) 351-3700 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.