- This event has passed.
Vaccination Questions? Ask York Hospital’s Experts
May 6, 2021 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
While COVID-19 vaccine concerns dominate many conversations, from the national news pundits to socially distanced strangers in the grocery store checkout line, York Hospital hopes to provide more helpful and factual information for those discussions. Everyone agrees this subject generates strong opinions, whether related to COVID-19 or the flu, or those recommended by the medical community for decades.
On Thursday, May 6, from 12 p.m. to 1 p.m., York Hospital will host a webinar, “Vaccination Questions? Ask York Hospital Experts.” Infectious Diseases Physician Dr. Evangeline Thibodeau will address the latest on COVID-19 vaccines, presenting the most current information and data. After the presentation, these York Hospital physicians will join Dr. Thibodeau for a Q&A forum:
- Todd Adams, MD, internal medicine physician and lead physician, York Hospital Provider Organization
- Jennifer Cutts, MD, chief medical officer
- Evangeline Thibodeau, MD, MPH, infectious diseases physician, chair, Infection Control Committee and director, Immunization & Travel Services
- Michael Vinograd, MS, MD, chief of pediatrics
- Gretchen Volpe, MD, MPH, infectious diseases, Immunization & Travel Services physician
The following COVID-19 vaccine topics will be addressed during the program:
- If it was developed quickly for “emergency use authorization” (EUA), how do we know it’s safe?
- Understanding the pause on the J&J vaccine
- Is it safe for women who are pregnant or breast-feeding?
- Does it affect fertility?
- Are the side-effects dangerous?
- If I have allergies, is it safe?
- If I’ve already had COVID-19, why do I still need the vaccine?
- How does herd immunity work?
Participants can submit additional questions when registering. If you would like to separate vaccine facts from fiction, register now using the link below and tune in to the webinar on Thursday, May 6, at 12 noon. A recording will be available for public viewing on the hospital’s YouTube channel, after the event.
For more information, please contact York Hospital’s Community Relations team at [email protected] or (207) 351-2385.