COVID TESTING CENTER HOURS:
Monday – Friday
8 am – 1 pm
COVID TESTING LOCATION:
343 U.S. Route 1 (adjacent to York Walk-In Care)
York, ME 03909
THE FOLLOWING CLINICAL CARE PATHWAYS FOR COVID-19 TESTING ARE AVAILABLE AT YORK HOSPITAL, WITH A PROVIDER ORDER:
- Through contacting your primary care provider (PCP)
- Through the Emergency Department
- In-person or via Telehealth at Walk-in Care locations
PROVIDER-ORDERED DRIVE-THRU TMA TESTING:
York Hospital offers Aptima SARS-CoV-2 assay, transcription mediated amplification (TMA) tests at its Drive-thru Testing Center in York. Similar to the PCR test, the Aptima SARS-CoV-2 assay is CE-marked, complying with the European Union’s New Approach Directives, and is also approved/authorized in the following geographies: USA, Australia and New Zealand, Singapore, India, and Saudi Arabia.
A provider’s order must be in our system before testing. Our paperless process requires the provider order to be faxed or emailed to us BEFORE you can be tested.
- How do I do that? When you speak with your provider about being tested, please ask them to either fax your order to: 207-351-2602, or send via email to: [email protected]
- I don’t have a provider. What do I do? You have several options:
- You may become a patient at one of our primary care practices; please call 207-752-8642 for assistance in finding a provider.
- You may visit any of our Walk-In Care locations in Sanford, Wells or York to be assisted by one of our providers, either in person or by scheduling a virtual Walk-In Care visit to minimize your wait time (scroll toward the bottom of the homepage at yorkhospital.com).
- Do I need an appointment for TMA Testing? No. However, you must pre-register by calling 207-351-2000 prior to your arrival, to ensure that your provider order is in the system. Provide your email address during registration to expedite receiving test results through our patient portal.
- How is the test administered? It is a simple, quick and non-invasive nasal swab, taken while you remain seated in your vehicle.
- When will I receive my results? Results are typically available in 24-72 hours.
FRIDAY TESTS: If you are tested after 10:30 am on Friday, results may take 2–4 business days, as no test processing is done on weekends.
- How will I receive my results? You will be contacted with your results by the provider who ordered your test. Additionally, you may also receive results by accessing your York Hospital patient portal at https://www.yorkhospital.com/patient-portal/.
- How do I access the Patient Portal? If you already have a York Hospital Patient Portal, click here for York Hospital’s Patient Portal Page, then click on “Hospital Portal” on the right and simply sign in. Your results should appear in 24-48 hours. If you do not currently have a portal, your account must be set up during the registration process. After providing your email address, within 24 hours you will receive an email invitation confirming the final steps needed to join the portal. Your results will arrive after you finish the process, 24-48 hours following your COVID-19 test.
- Will my insurance cover the cost of the COVID-19 Test? Most insurance companies cover COVID testing at 100%. We recommend that you reach out to your insurance company to confirm your coverage. For further clarification, click here for more information from the Maine Bureau of Insurance.
- Can I go to the Emergency Department or any of York Hospital’s Walk-In Care locations for COVID-19 testing if the drive-thru is closed? Our Drive-Thru Testing Center at the York Walk-In Care location is open Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday, 8 am – 1 pm. COVID-19 testing in our York Emergency Department is available after a full Emergency Department evaluation (24/7), or at York, Sanford or Wells Walk-In Care locations during normal Walk-In Care hours, for those patients whose symptoms warrant this.
If your questions haven’t been answered here, please feel free to reach out to York Hospital at 207-351-2000, Monday through Friday, 8 am – 4 pm. We’re here to help.