Home and Hospice Care
- Skilled Nursing Care for Adults:
– Wound Care & Education
– Medication Management
– Diabetic Care
– Colostomy Care
– Tracheostomy Care
– Cardiac Rehab
– End of Life Care (Five Wishes document)
- High Tech services: Including IV therapy, enteral nutrition, total parenteral nutrition, pain management, and antibiotic therapy.
- Rehabilitation Services: Physical, occupational and speech therapy services for patients following joint surgery, traumatic injury, stroke or with other neurological or chronic conditions.
- Social Work Services: Counseling, links with community services, help with financial, social and emotional concerns for patients and families, assistance with long term care planning and more.
- Home Health Aide Services: Help with basic activities of daily living such as bathing, dressing and exercising.
- Tele-health Services: We offer the “Health Buddy” Tele-health system – a remote disease management monitoring solution which utilizes a small, easy-to-use, in-home communication device to connect clinicians and patients with chronic diseases on a daily basis. The system serves as the interface between patients at home and York Hospital Home Care providers when they are not present in the patient’s home and can signal situations that need intervention. Staff monitor patient sessions and relay information so as to be able to proactively intervene before a patient’s condition worsens. This can prevent unnecessary emergency visits to the hospital and doctors’ offices, or other costly medical venues.