BREAST CANCER LIVING WELL PROGRAM
The Breast Cancer Living Well Program provides support to those who have been diagnosed with, are undergoing treatment for, or are recovering from breast cancer. The program includes a multitude of patient care services and programs that focus on a person’s well-being and quality of life.
- Pre-operative Classes – provide women with an individual overview of what to expect before and after surgery.
- Pre-operative Reiki – to reduce stress and improve sense of well-being.
- Massage dedicated to breast care by a professional trained in post-operative breast cancer massage treatments.
- Guided Meditation and Spiritual Care
- Emergency Assistance – provides immediate access to gas or grocery gift cards for women and their families who may be struggling financially during breast cancer treatment.
- Creativity Programs – including art and music, offered to patients while undergoing chemotherapy and are designed for one-on-one interface between patients and artists.
- Exercise Programs – Yoga and Dance, taught by individuals trained in techniques that best serve the breast cancer patient.
- Nutritional Guidance by a certified York Hospital Nutritionist.
- Self Care – hair, natural product lines, manicures and aesthetic services recommendations.
- Support Group – A dedicated and facilitated Breast Cancer Support Group.
For more information, contact Susan Kelly-Westman, York Hospital Oncology Social Worker at [email protected] or 207-351-3721.
The Breast Cancer Living Well Fund was founded in by the “Pink Pals”. In 2010, the Pink Pals recognized a need for supportive programs that were not yet offered for York Hospital’s breast cancer patients, and have since raised well over $700,000 to help the hospital establish The Breast Cancer Living Well Fund. The programs it provides help soften the journey of so many in our community faced with breast cancer. The programs include, Financial Assistance, Genetic Testing, Education, Comfort, Protection & Self Esteem, Relaxation & Stress Reduction, Support Groups, Health & Wellness, Strength & Flexibility, Creativity & Self Expression and “Pamper You” Spa Days!
Learn more about the Pink Pals and the exciting fundraisers that they’ve presented over the past several years.