Cancer Care – Treatment & Services
CUTTING EDGE TREATMENT NEXT DOOR
ACCESS TO HUNDREDS OF CLINICAL TRIALS FOR CANCER PATIENTS is offered through our affiliation with the Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group (ECOG) and Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in Boston; and through our membership in the National Cancer Institute’s Clinical Trials Support Unit (CTSU). Please visit our clinical trials page for more information.
RECEIVE HIGH-TECH CARE, CLOSE TO HOME.
York Hospital provides the same treatments and protocols you would receive anywhere else – including larger academic institutions and tertiary care centers). Here, we are able to give you personalized attention and care and get your treatment programs started quickly – and with your family at your side. York Hospital offers treatment in three centers conveniently located in York Village, Wells and Kittery. Each site offers personalized care, private treatment rooms, and special amenities. Services are based around patient comfort, and families are always welcome. Our philosophy is relationship development. We develop relationships with every patient and their family – from the front desk, to your nurse, your support staff and your physician. We believe these relationships help foster health and healing in your cancer journey.
HEALING THE WHOLE YOU IN A FRIENDLY, COMFORTABLE ENVIRONMENT.
Our environment centers on our patients and their families – where friends and relatives are invited to be a part of the treatment process whenever patients desire. We offer comfortable, private treatment rooms for each and every patient – each with cozy recliners, televisions, free wi-fi and access to portable laptop computers, movies, books and more. We also offer transportation to and from all of our locations for patients residing in the communities we serve.
York Hospital’s Living Well program focuses on supporting cancer patients and their families through programs centering on the mind (spiritual care, relaxation, creative expression and art therapy); the body (exercise, nutrition, healthy living); and a person’s well being (support groups and social services) and include the following:
- Nutritional Services
- Social Work Services
- Cancer Support Groups, including a Living Well General Cancer Support Group, Caregivers Support Group
- Living Well Art therapy workshops and creativity sessions
- Living Well Exercise Program for cancer survivors
- Look Good, Feel Better Program
- Financial & Prescription Assistance
- Patient Resource Library
Cancer Rehabilitation Care
Our rehab team consists of physical therapists who are trained in helping those affected by cancer and cancer treatments. We will be there to help you through all stages of your cancer journey and help you return to the life you deserve as a survivor of cancer.
Our team is there to ensure that you maintain your optimal level of function throughout your course of treatment:
Prior to surgery we will meet with you and your family to:
- Perform an initial assessment of motion, discuss any preexisting concerns.
- Demonstrate exercises that will be performed during the initial postoperative phase.
- Answer questions or concerns.
Following surgery we will meet with you and your family to:
- Assess motion, swelling, pain and level of function.
- Review exercises and provide you with an educational booklet.
- Discuss outpatient physical therapy services.
4 weeks after surgery we will meet with you and your family to:
- Assess motion, swelling, pain and current level of function.
- Assess need for further physical therapy services based on current status.
- Instruct in progression of stretches and exercises to maximize function.
- Provide education on risks of lymphedema.
Our team will continue to assess your needs before, during and following any chemotherapy or radiation that you may need. Individualized treatment and exercise programs will be designed to maximize motion, strength, balance as well as managing cancer related fatigue.
LOCATIONS & CONTACT
York Hospital Cancer Care (Long Sands)
127 Long Sands Road, York, Maine
Phone: (207) 351-3777
York Hospital in Wells Cancer Care
112-114 Sanford Road (Route 109), Wells, Maine
Building A, 2nd Floor
Phone: (207) 641-8010
York Hospital in Kittery Cancer Care
5 US Route 1 Bypass, Kittery, Maine
Phone: (207) 475-1150