York Hospital's Living Well Center is a rehabilitation and medically-based fitness center offering education, exercise, wellness and support for those seeking to live well. Whether a patient in need of clinical expertise and rehabilitation for a chronic health condition, or an individual looking to improve personal wellness, we offer you guidance to achieve your maximum health potential; one-on-one diagnosis education and counseling; personal goal setting; individually tailored exercise programs; comfort and safety in a non-intimidating environment; and support and partnership in your positive health efforts.
Clinical Expertise & Guidance
We offer specialized clinical exercise and education programs for Cardiac, Pulmonary, Congestive Heart Failure, Diabetes, Oncology, Osteoporosis/Osteopenia, Spine Health and Balance. We also offer many community-based health programs, support groups, disease management education and more!
Back to Top
- Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehabilitation: The Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation Program is designed to meet the needs of cardiopulmonary patients (including, but not limited to, those who have had a heart attack, coronary artery bypass surgery, Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease) and their families. The program combines education, exercise, nutritional counseling, stress reduction and behavior modification strategies. The goal of Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation is to help patients recover, resume their normal activities of daily life and develop positive lifestyle strategies to enhance their future health. Please call 207-351-3700 for more information.
- Congestive Heart Failure Exercise and Education Program: We offer a Congestive Heart Failure Exercise and Education Program that includes an initial evaluation and personal exercise prescription and supervised group exercise sessions. Please call (207) 351-3700 for more information.
- Support Groups: Patients, friends and family are welcome to support groups for the following: Friends of the Heart, CHF, Diabetes, Pulmonary, Stroke, Cancer & an innovative Caregiver's support group. See the Support Group information page for details.
We also offer many wellness programs for those looking to shape up. They include health club memberships, Yoga, Tai Chi and cardio/strength classes for all fitness levels including senior exercise programs, weight management classes, and smoking cessation and workplace wellness programs.
- The Fitness Center: The Fitness Center at the Living Well Center has been designed to make every person feel comfortable. Our emphasis is not on pushing the body to the max, but rather, on steady improvements in the body, mind and spirit to pursue total wellness. We have created an environment in which people of all abilities can educate themselves about healthy exercise and pursue a fitness program in a comfortable, non-intimidating environment. Additionally, the Center is always staffed with a Fitness Expert so questions about specific equipment or exercise can be answered immediately. Of course, Staff are always available to help in the event of any sign of trouble.
- Fitness Classes: We offer a variety of aerobic, strength, stretching and balance classes designed to meet the needs of all ages and abilities. Please call (207) 351-3700 for class times and space availability. Please be sure to check with staff prior to participation to determine which programs will be best suited and safe for your level of fitness. An application and medical questionnaire are required prior to participating in classes. Physician clearance may be necessary.
- Wellness, Massage & Reiki: The Living Well Center also offers an array of Wellness services to help you reduce stress, and live a healthy life. They include Cranialsacral therapy, Therapeutic Massage, Reiki and more. Click this link for details.
Back to Top
Our staff is committed to helping you achieve your maximum health potential. Whether you’re trying to improve your health, maintain your current level of health or manage a chronic medical condition, we are here to support you. The Team at the Living Well Center consists of:
- Registered Nurses
- Exercise Physiologists
- Registered Dietitians
- Licensed Social Workers
- Physical Therapists
- Certified Health & Wellness Coaches
- Fitness Trainers
- Yoga Instructors
- Tai Chi Instructors
- and more...
Back to Top
Healthy Lifestyles Memberships
Cost just $39.99 per month. Want to get healthy or maintain your health? Join Today! Programs are available for all levels of health - from patients with health conditions to the healthy individual seeking a clean, comfortable and supervised exercise facility. Join with a friend for moral support, or come alone - you'll make friends in no time! Memberships include access to all of our fitness classes (including Tai Chi, Yoga, and Aerobics) as well as fitness equipment such as treadmills, upright and recumbent stationary bikes, elliptical trainers, NuStep, stairclimbers, rowing machines, upper body ergometers, Nautilus strength training equipment, free weights and more. One-on-one fitness assessments are completed at the onset of your membership for a one-time fee of $59. Our team of fitness experts and exercise physiologists will help tailor programs that are right, and safe, for you.
Back to Top
Location, Hours & Contact
The Living Well Center is located at 127 Long Sands Road in the Long Sands Plaza, York, Maine 03909. Contact us at (207) 351-3700 (fax 207-363-9864) or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Starting July 1, we are open Monday through Friday 6am to 6pm; Saturdays 7am to Noon; Sundays closed.